Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Monday, June 6, 2016

YTT

I had the wonderful privilege to take two wonderful first-year students and one of my fellow tutors to Youth Technical Training (YTT), April 24-30! This was a week-long workshop put on by Peace Corps and the Center for Creativity and Capacity Development (CCCD), a WONDERFUL Ugandan organization working with youth, focusing on entrepreneurship, youth clubs, gender, and healthy living. They were very long days for us, starting at 6:00 am with morning movement and ending sometime between 9:00-10:00 pm with either meetings or arts challenges, but it was bar-none the most rewarding week of my service so far. It was wonderful to watch my students and counterpart come alive throughout the week with ideas on how to improve our college. I know they all enjoyed themselves, and I’m thankful to PC for putting on this wonderful workshop!

Check out our radio broadcast! My student is the emcee!!!
https://soundcloud.com/phylicia-akiiki-martel/ytt-on-air-mukono





We got to do GRAFFITI!!!!!!

The end of the first day, so happy!

Recording the radio broadcast

Group D, RR languages, we cool.

Arts Challenge!

Arts Challenge!

At the end of the week, we had to do a skit about
what we were going to do when we got back to our homes.
My counterpart played the part of the Principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment