Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Monday, June 6, 2016

RAFTING the NILE!

Thanks to my wonderful, amazing, beautiful parents, I was able to check something off my “I didn’t know I needed to do this” list and go RAFTING on the NILE in JINJA! After IST, about 2/3 of my cohort took a weekend in Jinja to rest, relax, and get schisto together. (PC joke, sorry. Schisto is a pretty serious disease if left untreated, but…the NILE!) We wandered around Jinja town for a day, a super cool arts center in Uganda, and then we moved up to Bujagali to a camp right on the Nile. It was so gorgeous! Many of us went rafting on Monday, and those who didn’t, found other things to do like mountain biking or kayaking…or both! We all spent WAY too much money, but it’s an experience I know I’ll never forget, and I am so glad to have had it with my cohort!!

Are we going to Jinja or Kenya? Only time will tell....

Arm-wrestling, infinitely cross-cultural

Graffiti for peace

It's the Schisto!
Take that, Schisto










No comments:

Post a Comment