Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Thursday, May 21, 2015

I GOT A FREAKING INVITATION OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!

To say today has been interesting would be the understatement of the year. My plan for today was to spend the entire afternoon and probably evening packing for my summer job, as I leave tomorrow. Everything changed when I woke up this morning with emails. My heart began racing, just like it has multiple times every day since April 2. The first email was a response to an email I've had going with Peace Corps: Uganda since early March. In the preview for the email, however, I could see the word "invitation." My heart skipped a beat. A couple of emails down, my official invitation!! I RAN up the stairs (I had spent the night at a friend's house.), and told my other friend who was actually awake. Then I called my mom, then my dad, and began the process of telling EVERYONE.

What does this actually mean in the long run? I now get to begin another hurry-up-and-wait cycle that is medical and legal clearances. During this time, I will be working on "classes" to prepare for service and doing things like applying for my passport. Once those are through, I can depart for training on November 9. We will begin with staging, meeting in the US, and then our entire training group will continue to Uganda on November 11. From there, Pre-Service Training begins. I will spend time with a host family, learn a new language, learn all about Ugandan culture, and most importantly, learn how to be a Teacher Trainer. I will essentially be a teacher's college professor in Uganda, a position I'm am equally excited for and intimidated by. My service will officially begin January 22, 2016, and end January 21, 2018.

I may post more details about my job description in another post, but I still need to wade through all of this information...and pack more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment