Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"At the end of all of this [work] is your 27 month service. Before you know it, you'll have just a few short months before you fly out."

A fellow invitee, whose staging is actually in just a few weeks, wrote this on reddit, and I thought it was such a great view on this time, post-invitation. I was talking to a different invitee who is going to Uganda with me, and she and I are still just baffled that we've been invited! Even with all of the paperwork we're doing, the doctor's appointments that I will be doing later and that she is wrapping up, it just keeps hitting us over and over again. I am an invitee! In... *checks phone* 166 or 167 days (I'm not counting or anything...), I'll be on a plane to somewhere, probably on the east coast, for staging. Then in 169 days, I'll be on a plane to Uganda!! Everything is still so surreal, even though I've spend hours upon hours in the last week submitting paperwork. I'm simultaneously excited and terrified for what service will bring. Now I just have to figure out how to put that into professional wording for my aspiration statement....

No comments:

Post a Comment