Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pen Pals

So Peace Corps has this program called World Wise Schools in which you choose a classroom (or are assigned one if you prefer), and you are basically pen pals with that classroom in America. This can be executed in different ways, and I'll keep you all posted on how it works out. I already have a classroom chosen, though.

I will be keeping up with a teacher who is still very, very important to me. She was my gifted teacher through elementary school, and I still visit her at least once per semester. Of all the teachers I've had in my 17 years of school, she was the only one I invited to my going away party, she's that special. (And she taught me no two sentences [in a paragraph] start with the same word, just like in this blog post!)

Today I had the privilege of  talking one of the classes I will be pen pals with throughout my service. (Classes because of the structure of our gifted program. I'll be pen pals with K-6.) These kids used to be my kids when I was an A+ tutor in high school, and it was great to see them again. Most of all, though, it was great to share a little bit of Uganda with them and answer a WHOLE LOT of questions. Seriously, these kids probably asked me 100 questions over the hour and 15 minutes I was there.


So to my favorite classroom in the world: I am so excited that I am going to be able to share my experience with you. Keep the questions coming; I love answering them. Oh, and don't forget that Uganda is a country, not a state, and Africa is a continent, not a country. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment