Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

How Can I Pray?

With all the goodbyes I've been saying, many people are telling me they'll keep me in their prayers. I truly appreciate this, and if you're looking for something specific to pray about, I've given you a list below.

1. Pray that God will prepare a family for me in Uganda. When I got to Kirksville for school a couple of years ago, I basically fell into a family. I know God can do this, and this is what I want for my site.
2. Pray that God will prepare a church for me to go to. Uganda is a largely Christian nation, but not in the sense I'm used to, so I could use some guidance.
3. Pray for quick learning on my part, especially in language. I am usually a quick learner, but while I'm adjusting to a new country and culture, I am a bit worried about that.
4. Pray for a good adjustment. I'm sure you all are already praying for that, but just remember that I'll be adjusting for the first 3-4 months I'm in Uganda (until February or so).
5. Pray for my anxiety. The last several weeks, I can just feel my anxiety levels rising. I am excited about my journey, but I am also anxious as to the details of it.
6. Pray for low stress levels over the two years. One of the reasons I've joined the Peace Corps is to experience a slower, hopefully less stressed lifestyle. I know God can bring this to me.
7. Pray for God to show me how this fits into His plan for my life. I think I have a good idea, but I am still looking for clarity and details.


Thank you all in advance for your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment