Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Finishing off Medical Clearances

So I finally did it. This came in my email this morning to confirm it. I have submitted all of my tasks for review for final medical clearances!!!

I know I'm going to receive clearance. All of my tests came back normal (even the TSH one, which I was particularly worried about), everything is uploaded. As long as my nurse doesn't find something else I'm missing, I'm golden. I'M GOING TO UGANDA!!!!!

With how frustrating it has been to get all of this done while away at camp, let me tell you, this comes as a serious point of excitement. I have traded so, so, sooooo many messages with my nurse, bless her heart. Sure, sometimes she would miss the entire point of my message, but for her to have put up with all of the questions from my end, I love her to the end of the world and back. And as for my doctor, she is even more amazing. She has given me so much more consulting than she technically should have outside of an appointment. The ladies at the front of her office as well as her have printed so many test results out for me, so many orders for tests, etc. Without these wonderful medical professionals, this would not have been possible.

I am so incredibly thankful for everything my doctors, dentists, and nurses have done for me these last few months in order to get me to this point.

Now I guess I have to get a hold of the student loan people and figure out how to adult...



Aug. 17 edit: I just want to pop in and add to this post how frustrating it was to do and redo and redo some of these tasks. Seriously, bless my nurse, the number of times she had to send tasks back to me with MORE clarification or pointing out something that was already on the task that I missed. I'm sure it was frustrating for her as well. I got this same email three or four times because she kept sending tasks back to me. I kept yelling at the computer, but now I realize she was just doing her job, making sure that PCMO can take care of me while I'm abroad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment