Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Thursday, December 17, 2015

How's Your Site?

I’M AT MY SITE!!!!!!! I am so close to Fort Portal; I know I’m going to be there every weekend. My house is huge! Seriously, if it had a water heater, finished floors, and a bit better kitchen, it would be an American quality two-bedroom apartment. I am pretty close to one of my fellow volunteers, we’re calling each other our site mates: about a 20 minute ride by car or a 1.5 hour walk. There is a market on Wednesdays that is only about a 20 minute walk, and the demonstration school, which has a boarding center for children with disabilities, is only about 5 minutes from my house. I’m out in the middle of nowhere, but not really. The only unfortunate thing is trying to find data signal. I’ll figure it out.

This visit is to give us a taste of how we’re going to be living, and also to give us an opportunity to begin forming relationships with our communities. My supervisor is not here, but I am working with our principal, and he is a very kind man. Quiet, but kind. The college driver has been taking me around, showing me where things are in the car, and helping me to really get acquainted with my surroundings. I’m so glad he’s here to help me out. He even dropped me off in and picked me up from Fort Portal today, where I spent the day with a couple of volunteers, INCLUDING MY WONDERFUL MENTOR!!!


Tomorrow I will be driven into Fort Portal with my site mate to catch a public taxi to the town where we will be staying next, about an hour from Fort Portal, with our HOST FAMILIES!! WHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment