Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Procrastination Nation

So I totally intended to have this awesome post about my packing experience with itemized packing lists and such, but in all reality, my mom and I packed most things the night before I left. In some aspects, this surprises me, and in others, it does not.

We technically began packing on Tuesday before I left, getting everything together and putting things in the proper suitcase instead of just putting everything in my big suitcase like I had been doing when I bought things. On Tuesday, it was still looking hopeful, even if just slightly, that I could take everything with me.

Then came Friday.

Please, everyone, if you know my mother personally, take a moment to thank her for her impeccable patience and love.

Thursday night I couldn’t sleep. While I was still awake, my sister came into our room, and we stayed up talking for quite a while. Finally, about 5:00 am, I left her to go to sleep, and I went to watch Netflix until I was actually sleepy. Long story short, I was quite tired on Friday. Even after all of the PC blogs I’ve read, I didn’t realize just exactly how terribly stressful packing my life away in four bags would be. Add that stress to the anxiety I had been feeling and the lack of sleep, and I was not a pleasant person.

  • Regardless. I have a few tips for anyone trying to pack your life away in four bags.
  • You will NOT be able to fit your whole life in just four 
  • Vacuum-seal bags are basically worthless if you can roll your 
  • Packing cubes are kind of 
  • Weigh your luggage 
  • Buy two bags that are close in dimensions if you have to have evenly weighted 
  • Bring things that you will miss from 
  • You don’t actually know what you will miss from 
  • So just  bring whatever you think will make you comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment