Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Thursday, November 12, 2015

I'M IN UGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is really starting to set in that I am actually in Uganda. The best part about this is that morning feels more like morning every…well…morning. It has felt like I was waking up from a nap, and now it feels like I am waking up from a night’s rest. I think I was more jetlagged than I thought.

Uganda is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The people are so friendly, even if they are curious as to why we are here. Knowing the few Luganda phrases I do is definitely helping to break the ice. I absolutely love the food. I actually like it more than US food as of right now…. I don’t have pictures, but common foods are bananas, rice, beans, fruit, sweet potatoes, avocado (though I don’t like it), fish, chicken, eggs, matooke (something with plantains…more on this when I actually figure it out), posho (maize flour and water), chipate (AMAZING, MY FAVORITE, basically a tortilla made with a bunch of kinds of vegetables), and more. We get two Break Teas per day, and my favorite snack from this is definitely samosas. They are basically just dumplings with vegetables inside, but THEY’RE SO GOOD. Seriously. We also have g-nuts (peanuts…THEY’RE PURPLE AND I DON’T KNOW WHY), and other small cake things. It’s so hard to remember that we’re being seriously spoiled right now, because we’re at an agricultural research center. This food is just so amazing!

As for training, it’s going great. I love the sessions we’re doing. We’ve been doing crash course in Uganda sessions this week. Next week we start our basic technical training. Sessions are pretty much just like school, which I’m crazy excited about, since I haven’t been in school in like six months, and I seriously love it. I’ll post about some of our more interesting sessions later.

So in short, I am so happy here! Uganda may not quite feel like home, but I know it will in time. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment