Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Kitten Cats



My mom thought I was crazy for having flea collars/drops on my packing list. I don't think she realized just how serious I am about having a cat when I'm abroad. I have always loved having cats growing up, and I absolutely hated not being able to have one while I was living in my dorm for two years. Now, while I'm living at home, I love being able to pet Addie to death, knowing she loves it even if it means she dies. :P

Every time you see multiple interviews with PCVs about what to have/do when you are in country, it includes having a pet. They help to stave off loneliness and lower stress levels. For me, I'm sure it'll help with homesickness at least a little bit, having a baby to take care of and love.

If you still don't believe me -- Who wouldn't? -- here's an article from PC on why having a pet is great!
http://passport.peacecorps.gov/2015/04/09/5-reasons-to-have-a-pet-in-the-peace-corps/




No comments:

Post a Comment