Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Uganda Be Africaing

It's taken me a while to write this post because I have been dealing with a great mish-mash of emotions. As I'm sure most of you know, last weekend was Labor Day. For most, it was a great weekend of grilling, hanging out with family, and just plain being outside and HOT. For me, it was all of that, but it was also the last chance I will have to seen a large majority of my extended family. We live about a four-hour's drive from them, and without another 3-day (or longer) weekend for all of us before I leave, this was the last chance to go down home and visit.

It was a great weekend. Between my family, I have nearly everything I will need except small items which I'm planning to pick up in October. We had a fish fry (complete with pork roast for those of us who aren't so fond of fish) on Sunday evening, which also doubled as a goodbye party for me. (I was only half surprised, but that's only because I know my family loves me too much to not throw me a party.) I was genuinely surprised when my grandma handed me a card, complete with money my family had put together for me.





Obviously this card was homemade, something that I genuinely appreciate. I literally laughed aloud when I read the front of it. I could not stop smiling at the little notes everyone wrote me, knowing that they come from the heart. And what's even better is that they didn't spend $5+ on a card like they always complain about!! (It's a thing. My family will understand.)

So now I have supplanted my number one item on my packing list, previously my back-scratcher, and replaced it with this lovely card. Although I am sad to leave you all behind for two and a half years (maybe longer by the time I get back down there), I will carry you with me, literally, all the way Africaing.

No comments:

Post a Comment