Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year from Fort Portal Uganda! Okay, so it's a few days past, but we're celebrating that and a few birthdays today. We spend a bit this morning looking for kitenge, local fabric out of which to have dresses made for swearing in, and now we're chilling at a cafe. We had good food, and now we're enjoying the wifi. (EDIT: The wifi quit before I could post, though. Such is Uganda.)

Life has been going great. We are in the midst of language training, learning all about the ins and outs of Runyoro-Rutooro.



Included in our language training is culture training. I swear, half of Ugandan culture is bananas, and so we learned about those this week.





Along with the New Year has come dry season. Unfortunately for me, this means many sunburns and lots of sunscreens. It also means my host family was out of water for the last three days. I was elated to hear the sound of water dripping outside my room this morning, since it means I can finally do that laundry that's been piling up!



All in all, I'm having a great time!!


Edit: I haven't had wifi until now, but here are some pictures of the remainder of our time in Fort Portal. We saw baboons on the way home!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment