Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

One Month?!



I can hardly believe this day exists. I am leaving in one month. I will be in Uganda a month from Sunday. How is this possible?

Currently, I'm sitting on the dorm room floor of one of my friends, making my last visit to Kirksville before I leave. The day I got here, today, is one month from when I'll leave for Philadelphia and the day I leave, Sunday, is one month from when I'll be in Uganda for the first time. Everything is surreal right now.

Realistically, I'm closing in on everything. When I get home on Sunday, I will have a little less than a month to finish up buying everything, getting things settled with my phone, arranging personal property insurance... Oh, and y'know, packing. The more stuff I buy, the more I doubt that I'm going to be able to fit my entire life in two suitcases, at least not being able to have space for the food that everyone keeps telling me to bring. But that battle is going to be fought in a few weeks.

Speaking of, I have a busy schedule coming up! Well, busier than normal at least. I have a going away party being thrown for me up here on Friday, then next week I'm throwing myself a going away party, then the next week I'm going to a concert and then a wedding reception for my roommate...and then I leave.....

In case you can't tell, I can't quite grasp that I'm leaving in a month.

On the bright side, we got an email about PST! I was hoping for a staging email, but this email told us that we will be arriving in Uganda on November 11, then taking a 3 hour bus ride to our first training location. We have to turn in site bids on November 13, then we find out where our sites will be November 14! On the 15th, we will get a tour of Kampala, something I'm actually super excited about.

From November 30-December 11, we will be living at Shimoni Core Primary Teachers’ College doing Teachers' Bootcamp, learning how to do our jobs! Then from December 13-15 we have site visits!! (SO EXCITED) The last stint of PST is our homestay from December 19-January 17. The last week of PST is back in Kampala, with swearing-in on January 21, 2016!! (MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!) I can't wait to travel Uganda, see all there is to see, learn how to do my job, learn a new language or two,

Excited and terrified. Some of my best experiences in life have begun like this, most of them even. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready, but see I don't honestly think you can ever be ready for something so big in your life. I think Hugh can take this one away.



No comments:

Post a Comment