Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Friday, July 24, 2015

Languages


I feel like this quite is truly the heart of Peace Corps. Right now, I'm working with kids, speaking their language. It is preparing me for my service in many ways, mostly by trying my patience and stretching my appreciation for a life that is not technology centered. However, it is preparing me in another way. I am learning to interact with the completely different culture of these kids, both from the fact that they are kids and from their backgrounds. As exhausting as this job is, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn more from these kids than they will ever learn from me,the opportunity to experience a whole different culture from only two hours from home. Soon, I'll be a whole continent away...!

No comments:

Post a Comment