Featured Post

Hey Follow Me!

So I've come up with a way for you all to see at least some pictures when I don't have enough data to upload pictures. I've reo...

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Zambia?!

I've known about my shot in the dark for Zambia for less than 12 hours, and I'm already overrun with emotion.  Obviously, I'm incredibly excited. This could be exactly what I was hoping for. Or it could not be. I could have to deal with all kinds of things in Zambia I wasn't ready for. Like the heartbreak brought about by this article. From all the research I've done (which honestly hasn't been a lot today since I'm trying to pack to go back to Kirksville), Zambia is a pretty good country to live in. They're just incredibly poor. The people seem to have decided that's the only way to live their lives. That's how it's been for years on end, so why would they change it? At least that's what I took away from the aforementioned article.

Am I getting in too far over my head? This is seriously the only thing I want to do, but am I really prepared to purposely put myself in a position of loneliness? Of being the outsider? If I'm not, why does everything feel so right?

I have so much to pray about, and all from one short email. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment